The de facto standard terminal emulation software for accessing IBM® 3270 Mainframes, AS/400s, UNIX and FTP hosts from Microsoft Windows desktops
What is a terminal emulator?
Terminal emulation is the ability to make one computer terminal, typically a PC, appear to look like another, usually older type of terminal so that a user can access programs originally written to communicate with the other terminal type. OpenText HostExplorer is one of best terminal emulator software packages available for IBM® 3270 Mainframes, AS/400s, UNIX and FTP hosts.
OpenText™ HostExplorer is a terminal emulator that provides fast, secure and reliable connections from Microsoft® Windows® PCs to a variety of enterprise hosts. HostExplorer enables organizations to benefit from the latest PC and web technologies while protecting their investment in data, information assets and systems.
Terminal Emulator Features
• PC-to-host emulator
• Web-to-host emulator
• 3270 sessions (IBM z/OS) terminal emulation
• 5250 sessions (IBM AS/400) terminal emulation
• VT (virtual terminal) sessions
• WyseTerm emulation
• Automatic upgrade functionality
• Centralized deployment and management of user profiles
• Easy migration from IBM PComm, MicroFocus Rumba, and Attachmate Extra!, including macro conversions
Benefits of HostExplorer Terminal Emulation
• Easy browser access to terminal sessions
• Easy migration preserves user experience, eliminates need for retraining and avoiding business workflow interruptions
• Reduces maintenance cost and effort through automatic upgrades and centralized administration
OpenText HostExplorer improves stability and scalability as the preferred host access solution of fast-growing, regional transportation company.
HostExplorer is so seamless that the users don't even know that it's there, and from an administrative point of view, that's great!
Rick George - Assistant Director of Information Technology - USF Holland